Daniel:

I use Flare to produce HTML Help for a number of software programs. (As an
authoring tool Flare is akin to RoboHelp.)

On the old machine, things work normally. It's when I change machines that
the problem begins.

The five characters (let's say *xxxxx*) are the beginning of an old and
retired url (for the sake of security, I didn't share the names). Z is not
a local drive, it's a mapped network drive. Both [xxxxx] and Z are mapped
to the same repository (along with another name, but I'll skip this for
now).

I'm trying to set up a working copy on the new machine (using SVN
Checkout), but this copy is never successfully connected. (In Flare you can
bind the project using the source control of choice.)

If I checkout the repository onto a local drive using Z:\Software at the
start of the url, and then open a project up in Flare, the old network name
([*xxxxx*]:\Software] and the path appears in the database settings
instead. The network cannot be re-connected, although the projects are
bound in Flare.

To make a long story short, I can't download the repository copy onto a new
Windows 10 machine. But it works on the old machine.

Maybe that helps? If you have any further questions, please ask.

Thanks

Scott