On Tue, Dec 6, 2022 at 4:25 PM Aman Qureshi via TortoiseSVN <
tortoisesvn@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I  wanted to know how can we automate commit and update the files with
> python script for svn.

Wrong mailing list. This mailing list is intended for topics related to the
TortoiseSVN client. However, your question is about automating the `svn`
command-line client. The users@ Apache Subversion
for your request.

> currently,
> subprocess.call(["svn","checkout", url, local dir]) ---> this is working
> by fetching the repo and creatinfg a local copy
> subprocess.call(["svn", "commit", "-m", "Updating the files", "local
> dir"]) ---> this is not working

Do you receive any errors when you call `svn commit` from this Python
script? I'm afraid that right now it's unclear what exactly is not working.

Note that the commit will only happen if the working copy has local
modifications. The commit won't happen if there is nothing to commit (no
local modifications in the working copy, so there is nothing to commit into
the repository). Note that if you create new files in the working copy, you
need to run `svn add` to make Subversion track them.

--
With best regards,
Pavel Lyalyakin