Wow, that was fast! Thank you! Moving instead of copying sounds reasonable.
:-)
Will be happy to try the changes, but not until next year.

However, here's what I observed when I right clicked on "Check project now"
in the Project Monitor on the TSVN project. Another exclamation mark
appeared. I suspect the changes related to the "Project Monitor: Changing
the URL does not always work" thread have side effects.

I have installed TortoiseSVN-1.14.99.29503-dev-x64-svn-1.14.dev.msi on
Win10 .

The differences between old and new MonitorData.ini file (thanks to the
temp files ;-)) are:
authFailed=0 -> 1
lastChecked=1671785722 -> 1671789598
lastCheckedRobots=1671749482 -> 1671749482
lastHead=29508 -> 29514