   Password typed to unlock the screen is sent to the Chrome window if it had a
text selection

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Unity lockscreen lets applications capture keyboard input

Status in Unity:
  New
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  I noticed that with the Vimium extension activated in Google Chrome, I
  cannot unlock Unity's lockscreen because keyboard input is hijacked by
  Vimium. The lockscreen really should not let this happen, and it can
  even be considered a potential security vulnerability as it might
  allow applications to capture a user's password.

  I have noticed this before as well when using another application,
  though I can't remember which one it was at the moment.

  The workaround is to use the mouse to choose the Switch user-option,
  but this is really not obvious to anyone who might encounter this bug.