The jenkins job was indeed hardcoded to use image 276 due to an
unbootable image at 277. We then failed to remove this once the image
was fixed. Image 311 is working and unlock is successful:

https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/generic-deb-autopilot-runner-wily-
mako/421/consoleFull

[log snippet]
INFO:reboot-and-wait:Network is active
I: Unlock attempt 1 failed, script output: 'Error:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
com.canonical.UnityGreeter was not provided by any .service files
'
I: Unlock passed

This is now working (transient failed attempts are expected). I think we can
close this.

  Automated screen unlock not working on wily images

Status in Ubuntu Test Cases:
  Invalid
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  The method to automatically unlock the screen prior to running
  autopilot tests is not working on wily images. For example:

  https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/generic-deb-autopilot-runner-wily-
  mako/417/console

  The CI automation uses this script to setup and perform the unlock:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-test-case-dev/ubuntu-test-cases/touch/view/head:/utils/host/reboot-and-unlock.sh

  The failure is seen on images from "ubuntu-touch/devel-
  proposed/ubuntu", in this case image 276.

  Attached is the full console log from that run.

  [The relavent messages are:]
  I: Unlock attempt 1 failed, script output: 'initctl: unable to determine
sessions
  initctl: unable to determine sessions
  Error connecting: Cannot autolaunch D-Bus without X11 $DISPLAY
  '
  I: Unlock attempt 2 failed, script output: 'initctl: unable to determine
sessions
  initctl: unable to determine sessions
  Error connecting: Cannot autolaunch D-Bus without X11 $DISPLAY
  '
  I: Unlock attempt 3 failed, script output: 'initctl: unable to determine
sessions
  initctl: unable to determine sessions
  Error connecting: Cannot autolaunch D-Bus without X11 $DISPLAY
  '
  I: Unlock attempt 4 failed, script output: 'initctl: unable to determine
sessions
  initctl: unable to determine sessions
  Error connecting: Cannot autolaunch D-Bus without X11 $DISPLAY
  '
  I: Unlock attempt 5 failed, script output: 'initctl: unable to determine
sessions
  initctl: unable to determine sessions
  Error connecting: Cannot autolaunch D-Bus without X11 $DISPLAY
  '
  I: Too many unlock failures, giving up