The two possibilities here are that ofono is truncating the message after it's
received, or the carrier is already sending it truncated to the phone.
The fact that characters like "ą ę" are being replaced by "a e" already
indicates that something in the middle (carrier) is trying to replace/remove
utf-8 characters from the message.
My opinion is that the carrier is editing the message and the swiftkey emoticon
is making their parser break.

If possible, insert the same sim card on another phone with another OS
and try sending the very same message. If it arrives truncated, than
it's a bug in the carrier side, otherwise if might be something in
ofono.

Thanks

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to messaging-app in Ubuntu.

  Cut off messages

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Incomplete
Status in messaging-app package in Ubuntu:

  Hello,

  My girlfriend send me some SMS with text: 'Umiem. Skoro się pytam to chcę
(emoticon) bo miałeś wczoraj rację, że dawno nie wychodziliśmy', but I've
received 'nie wychodzilismy'.
  We tested that exact text few times - all the time I'm receiving 'nie
wychodzilismy'. Could anyone test that text? Please look at 'ś' that
disappeared in my phone.
  We test that without emoticon and - magic, I've received all text, but
without polish special signs (like ł ś ę, etc.). Inserted other emoticon -
received 'ie wychodzilismy'.
  I must also admin that I'm getting 's', 'e', etc. instead of 'ś', 'ę', etc.