I'm happy to let this become another confused bug and it get closed. We
have plenty of those and it's an unavoidable consequence of Launchpad's
awesome openness. Managing popular bugs is often like herding cats.

There is however still absolute proof here that the original reporter
hit bug 1506358 at 13:31 on 10 January, exactly when he described. Yes,
there is a possibility the two bugs are related, however they will need
to be kept separate now. Because bug 1506358 is known to occur on a
simple Mir server that itself is not restarting or faulty.

So if anyone continues to see:
  std::exception::what: disconnected: no new buffers
please discuss that in bug 1506358 instead.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity-system-compositor in

  Phone not usable while a call comes in - followed by "restart"

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in Mir:
  New
Status in Mir 0.19 series:
  New
Status in Mir 0.20 series:
  New
Status in mir package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unity-system-compositor package in Ubuntu:

  My system:

  current build number: 225
  device name: krillin
  channel: ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en
  last update: 2016-01-09 06:52:53
  version version: 225
  version ubuntu: 20160109
  version device: 20151216-378d4f3
  version custom: 20151111--36-46-vivid

  What happened:
  Someone called me and I wanted to take the call on the phone (nothing
attached to the phone). The screen was locked and I pressed the power button to
unlock the screen. The phone did not react on any pushed buttons. The phone
continued ringing but I was not able to do anything with the phone during this
time.

  During the next minute the phone was blocked. After this period a
  "restart" followed.

  "Restart":
  The restart was not a real reset. The phone screen was black. Then approx. 1
- 2 minutes after the call was gone, the screen went on again and the ubuntu
logo with the dots appeared (same screen when you start the phone but without
the "bq"-screen).

  I did not need to enter the PIN code of the SIM card. The phone was
  again fully operational.

  This happened on January, 10th at approx. 13:30 h. I have attached the
  sys.log for your review and hopefully for tracing back the issue to
  the root cause.

  Matthias