Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: lightdm (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Window sections shown as black boxes

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  Sections of certain windows will be incorrectly rendered as black when
  they should be rendered as the default color according to the selected
  theme.

  Although I'm not 100% certain, I've tagged this as a lightdm bug
  because I tested various configurations of nouvea/nvidia and unity
  /gnome-shell and found this happened in all configurations.

  To clarify, I tested this in the following configurations:

      nouveau + unity
      nouveau + gnome-shell
      nvidia-340 + unity
      nvidia-340 + gnome-shell

  and found this happened in several windows, notable gedit and gnome-
  tweak-tool (only gnome-shell). In general, it seemed to occur in the
  sections of the window that are otherwise empty and not populated by
  widgets.

  Package: lightdm 1.10.5-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-49.83-generic 3.13.11-ckt17
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-49-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.10
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  Date: Wed Apr 22 14:38:19 2015
  LightdmConfig:
   [SeatDefaults]
   greeter-session=unity-greeter
   user-session=ubuntu
  SourcePackage: lightdm
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2015-04-19 (2 days ago)