** Summary changed:

- dismissing primary nav filter shows a preview
+ Close Dash "extra" panel when selecting an option on the dash primary filter

** Summary changed:

- Close Dash "extra" panel when selecting an option on the dash primary filter
+ Close Dash Page header "extra" panel when selecting an option on the dash
primary filter

** Description changed:

- When you are using an option filter as the primary navigation widget,
- usually dismissing the filter widget by tapping results causes a result
- preview to display, but the user really wants to see all results and
- only dismiss the filter overly.
+ We should close the Dash Page header extra panel (i.e. the one that
+ contains old searches/departments/primary navigation filter) when we
+ have a primary navigation filter and one of the filters of the option
+ selector is selected.
+
+ We will only allow "sigle selection filters" in there, so the single
+ selection option or a radio group (when/if we have it), so we can
+ perfectly close the panel when something on the filter has been
+ selected.
+
+
+ Suggested solution to the bug by Albert: FilterWidget needs to have a
"clicked/activated" signal that the FilterOptionSelection will emit and the
PageHeaderExtraPanel will receive and then emit another signal so that it gets
closed, i.e. something similar to what dashNavigation does with onLeafClicked
+
+
+ **********************************************
+ Old description, comments up to #5 relate to this description
+
+
+ When you are using an option filter as the primary navigation widget, usually
dismissing the filter widget by tapping results causes a result preview to
display, but the user really wants to see all results and only dismiss the
filter overly.

  You can see this in the attached fake 500px click:

  1) tap the search magnifying glass icon to display the filter overlay
  2) expand "Discover" (that is the title of the nav filter in this case
  3) select any option under Discover
  4) collapse "Discover" so that the overlay is small enough that some results
are visible
  5) tap results area to dismiss the overlay

  What happens: The preview for the result you tapped displays

  What was expected: the filter overlay disappears showing results

** Changed in: unity8 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity8 (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Josh Arenson (josharenson)

** Changed in: unity8 (Ubuntu)

  Close Dash Page header "extra" panel when selecting an option on the
  dash primary filter

Status in canonical-scopes-project:
  New
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu: