Don't worry about marking this a duplicate. We repurposed the other bug
to just track the libmateweather SRU instead.

Do you want to upload the fix for Trusty too?

gnome-applets in Precise is technically no longer supported which I
think was the only thing using this library for actual weather data
there so I'm not personally going to do a precise upload but someone
else could if they wanted to.

** Also affects: libgweather (Ubuntu Trusty)

** Changed in: libgweather (Ubuntu Trusty)

** Changed in: libgweather (Ubuntu Trusty)

** Tags added: precise trusty yakkety

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to libgweather in Ubuntu.

  weather.noaa.gov was shut down

Status in libgweather:
  Unknown
Status in libgweather package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in libgweather source package in Trusty:
  Triaged
Status in libgweather source package in Xenial:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  The provider which libgweather was using was shut down in August.

  We need to update libgweather in Xenial to new upstream micro release,
  3.18.2, which switched to a new METAR data provider.

  Impact: this affects all libgweather-using applications, makes them
  unable to retrieve weather data.

  Test Case: make sure Weather applet in gnome-applets is able to
  display weather information.