What's incomplete here?

Maybe I was wrong thinking that it should be clear that I'm *not*
suggesting that things are installed to the wrong places.

It's only the script in /etc/init.d that might need a correction

- DAEMON=/usr/bin/dbus-daemon
- UUIDGEN=/usr/bin/dbus-uuidgen
+ DAEMON=/bin/dbus-daemon
+ UUIDGEN=/bin/dbus-uuidgen

with those changes it should work again if there are no outdated
settings or assumptions later on in the script.

If the script is no longer supposed to be used it should be removed from
the package.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to dbus in Ubuntu.

  /etc/init.d/dbus checks for dbus-daemon in wrong location

Status in dbus package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  dbus 1.6.18-0ubuntu4.3 for Ubuntu 14.04 installs a /etc/init.d/dbus
  script that checks for /usr/bin/dbus-daemon instead of /bin/dbus-
  daemon .

  Evidently this is not a critical failure as something still starts a
  system dbus on my system:

  5   102  2423     1   1   0  41004  3304 -      Ss   ?          3:07
  dbus-daemon --system --fork

  Who, I haven't figured out yet. The usual suspect systemd seems to be
  innocent here, because AFAICT it's supposed to start the daemon with a
  different set of options:

  ExecStart=//bin/dbus-daemon --system --address=systemd: --nofork
  --nopidfile --systemd-activation

  This makes it a little bit tricky to figure out how to relaunch the system
dbus daemon...