Vladimir: Great!

I meant to write "Apps" not "Desktop Apps" :( That is: you get to Manage
page from Apps (not from Desktop Apps). Sorry about that typo.

Anyway, it does *seem* that the problem is not caused by Today scope.

Let's continue and check if favoriting other scopes causes the same
unity8-dash cpu high usage.

So:
- reset favorites as shown above.
- restart unity8-dash
- favorite some other scope. maybe bbc
- check unity8-dash cpu utilization

Regarding the blue progress bar wiggling at the bottom which you say
never stops, it may be that unity8 (or some part of it) has indeed
died/frozen but the qml animiation just carries on forever...

  Today Scope not clickable after OTA-13

Status in Today Scope:
  New
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  Just after installing OTA-13 (BQ Aquaris M10 FHD) "Today Scope" became
  not clickable. I can't turn (swipe to) to programs and to other
  scopes. And Today Scope isn't resizeable now -- this scope does not
  fit screen in album mode. But traditional Ubuntu left panel is working
  and reachable, and I can run Terminal, Contacts, Browser, etc.