Currently I have installed my own gtk app inside Ubuntu Phone Meizu MX4.
It works, because in the .desktop file I turn Xmir on:

  [Desktop Entry]
  Name=LazarusApp Demo
  Comment=Lazarus developed app, made to run via xmir
  X-Ubuntu-Touch=true
  X-Ubuntu-XMir-Enable=true
  Exec=/home/phablet/.local/xmir/demo/demo.sh
/home/phablet/.local/xmir/demo/demo
  Icon=/home/phablet/.local/xmir/lazarus.png
  Terminal=false
  Type=Application

and inside my demo.sh:

  #!/bin/bash
  export QT_IM_MOUDULE=maliitphablet
  export GTK_IM_MODULE=maliitphablet
  #below is just added after reading the comments in this thread:
  export QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO=
  exec $@

now, my app do launch and works, however, I just cannot get the onskreen
keyboard to show up. Again, it is a GTK app, not a QT one.

If there is no way to make this to work, then someone please tell me,
can I just use some shell command to just trigger the onscreen keyboard
regardless of the status of the focus inside my app? I mean, to
popup/hide the ISK fully programatically, without actual integration
with focusing on text input allowed control, but just on demand? Because
then, I could at least call the OSK programatically from my app.

Some of my recent experimenting with this stuff:
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,32090.0.html

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-keyboard in Ubuntu.

  keyboard does not show up on xenial

Status in ubuntu-keyboard package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Expected behaviour:

  Install ubuntu-keyboard, run maliit-server, click on place to enter
  text -> keyboard shows up.

  What happens:

  Running maliit-server after installing ubuntu-keyboard-english in
  terminal shows following error:

  WARNING: void MIMPluginManagerPrivate::_q_setActiveSubView(const
  QString&, Maliit::HandlerState) "libubuntu-keyboard-plugin.so" "en" is
  not enabled

  Clicking on fields for entering text, does not cause the keyboard to
  show up.

  What I tried so far:

  export QT_IM_MODULE=Maliit
  export GTK_IM_MODULE=Maliit

  and

  gconftool-2 -s --type list --list-type string /maliit/onscreen/enabled
"[llibubuntu-keyboard-plugin.so,en_gb]"
  gconftool-2 -s --type list --list-type string /maliit/onscreen/active
"[libubuntu-keyboard-plugin.so,en_gb]"

  according to

  https://github.com/maliit/framework

  and

  https://github.com/maliit/plugins

  but it still won't show up.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
  Package: ubuntu-keyboard 0.99.trunk.phablet2+16.04.20160226.1-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 4.4.0-21-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Wed Apr 20 18:03:03 2016
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Beta amd64 (20160323)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=de_DE
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: ubuntu-keyboard
  modified.conffile..etc.xdg.maliit.org.server.conf: [modified]
  mtime.conffile..etc.xdg.maliit.org.server.conf: 2016-04-20T17:40:50.856195