Public bug reported:

Whenever I reboot anew, pulseaudio has forgotten the correct audio port
which I have set using the kde pulseaudio tool.

I use line out, but it defaults to headphones, which is incorrect for my
current setup. I expect it to remember that I wanted line out every
time.

Once selected, everything runs fine for that session, but it doesn't get
saved and defaults back to the wrong output every time.

Guessing this is pulseaudio as it happens with the gnome tool also.

Tested not working in 16.04, 16.10 and Mint 18 (packages from 16.04).

Policy installed: 1:8.0-0ubuntu3

Cheers

** Affects: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Pulseaudio applications forget the correct soundcard port

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu: