The original bug description is a bit vague here. In comment #3 I was
aiming to make this bug very definite. If you add INTEL_DEBUG=perf then
you will see the errors I mentioned. I think this bug should be about
those errors in comment #3 since the bug description is a bit too vague.

Please add INTEL_DEBUG=perf to your /etc/environment to help us
determine if you are experiencing this bug or something different.

  Unity8 on Intel Atoms performs poorly (falls back to software
  rendering more than non-Atoms do)

Status in Canonical System Image:
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  (problem forked from bug 1549455)

  Unity8 on Intel Pineview performs very poorly. Frame times appears to
  be up to 900ms, Qt's renderer thread using 100% CPU.

  Running unity8 with MESA_DEBUG=1 EGL_LOG_LEVEL=debug reveals a few MESA

  Quoting @vanvugt "Those Mesa errors "Mesa: User error:" all look like
  OpenGL features that Unity8 is hitting but mir-demos don't. So those
  gl calls are also good candidates for explaining poor performance,
  especially if Mesa is falling back to software rendering for them."

  Since Qt tends to perform just fine on that hardware in X11, something
  isn't right.

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :