Did this issue start happening after an update/upgrade? Was there a
kernel version where you were not having this particular problem? This
will help determine if the problem you are seeing is the result of a
regression, and when this regression was introduced.   If this is a
regression, we can perform a kernel bisect to identify the commit that
introduced the problem.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Garbled graphic ("zoomed in effect") in fullscreen 3D applications if
  other window opens

Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:

  I've a problem with full screen apps since ages (using ubuntu 14.04
  and 16.04 64 bit and gnome flashback+compiz). they are liked "zoomed
  in", so I see only 75% if there is other window layered over it
  (e.g.skype messages or apport)...

  If I disable unredirect_fullscreen_windows completly fullscreen
  windows are always distorted in this way. I both tried the original
  xorg drivers and the ones from http://ppa.launchpad.net/oibaf
  /graphics-drivers/ubuntu . And also the mainline kernel.