Public bug reported:

The browser on my Ubuntu Phone (Meizu MX-4, OTA 15) does not open self-signed
https-secured sites correctly. The browser presents the option to go back to a
safe site or continue anyway. If I choose continue anyway, it starts to load
the site, but never completes. After some time it stops loading and displays a
rather incomplete version of the site. It is clearly composed of only some of
the pages' elements and incomplete.The amount of the page that is displayed
varies from time to time.
It appears that transmission times out while loading the page.
One common usecase of self-signed certificates is webinterfaces of DSL or cable
routers, such as the popular fritz box.
Test case:
1) Try loading the web interface of my router: https://rkupper.no-ip.org/
   You should see the login page of a fritz box router.
2) Try loading the web interface of my nextcloud
instance:https://rkupper.no-ip.org:444/
   You should see the login page of nextcloud
Observe that the appearance of the pages varies every time, depending on how
much of the site was loaded. Observe that pressing the login button does
nothing – probably because the scripts have not been loaded.
I have tried other self-signed sites, and am confident that it is not a problem
of my server.

** Affects: webbrowser-app (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  webbrowser only partially loads https sites with self-signed
  certificate

Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu: