The verification of the Stable Release Update for webbrowser-app has
completed successfully and the package has now been released to
-updates.  Subsequently, the Ubuntu Stable Release Updates Team is being
unsubscribed and will not receive messages about this bug report.  In
the event that you encounter a regression using the package from
-updates please report a new bug using ubuntu-bug and tag the bug report
regression-update so we can easily find any regressions.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  [SRU] webbrowser app and webcontainer open under the same instance

Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in webbrowser-app source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in webbrowser-app source package in Yakkety:

  [Impact]

  On desktop, when a webapp is launched and if the desktop Exec file
  does not specify a --app-id= parameter to the webapp-container
  executable, any new launched application will share the same instance
  as one that has already been launched.

  [Test Case]

  1. Install two webapps on desktop that use the webapp-container as a
  launcher,

  e.g.

  https://code.launchpad.net/~abreu-alexandre/+junk/webapp-test

  and

  https://code.launchpad.net/~ogra/+junk/slack-webapp

  2. Make sure that when you launch the slack-webapp nothing happens
  (no app id is provided the app is not launched),

  3. Modify the slack app so that the Exec= line contains the following
  argument:

  --app-id=slackclient

  re-install the app,

  4. Make sure that the 2 apps can be launched simultaneously,

  [Regression Potential]

  All webapps that dont provide an app-id wont start anymore. All current
  webapps though do provide an app-id.

  Original report description:
  ---------------------------

  I have on xenial the webbrowser-app as my main browser; if I use the
  webapp-container for anything else it opens as a tab in the main
  browser window. If I open a container instance first, opening the
  webbrowser app opens a new tab in the container instance.

  One webcontainer example to use is
  http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ogra/+junk/slack-webapp/files

  Package: webbrowser-app 0.23+16.04.20160413-0ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity