** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu Yakkety)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  apt won't redownload Release.gpg after inconsistent cache updates made
  while UCA is being updated

Status in APT:
  Fix Released
Status in apt package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in apt source package in Xenial:
  Triaged
Status in apt source package in Yakkety:

  # apt --version
  apt 1.2.18 (amd64)

  xenial

  I got myself into a situation where a repository has a Release and a
Release.gpg file, but apt is just ignoring the gpg one and won't download it
via apt update for some reason:

  The repository in question is http://ubuntu-
  cloud.archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial-updates/newton/. See
  how locally I have just the Release file:

  root@juju-cb14ed-0-lxd-3:/var/lib/apt/lists# l *Release*
  -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 100K Jan 15 18:03
archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_xenial-backports_InRelease
  -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 242K Apr 21  2016
archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_xenial_InRelease
  -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 100K Jan 18 11:42
archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_xenial-updates_InRelease
  -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 100K Jan 18 11:42
security.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_xenial-security_InRelease
  -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7.7K Jan 18 11:45
ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com_ubuntu_dists_xenial-updates_newton_Release

  Now I try an update. See how the Release.gpg file gets a "Hit:" instead of a
"Get:":
  root@juju-cb14ed-0-lxd-3:/var/lib/apt/lists# apt update
  Get:1 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security InRelease [102 kB]
  Hit:2 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial InRelease

  Ign:3 http://ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/newton
InRelease
  Get:4 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates InRelease [102 kB]
  Hit:5 http://ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/newton
Release
  Get:6 http://ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/newton
Release.gpg [543 B]
  Hit:7 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-backports InRelease
  Fetched 205 kB in 0s (395 kB/s)
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree
  Reading state information... Done
  8 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see them.

  And I can't install packages:
  root@juju-cb14ed-0-lxd-3:/var/lib/apt/lists# apt dist-upgrade
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree
  Reading state information... Done
  Calculating upgrade... Done
    python3-setuptools
    dh-python dnsmasq-base python-pkg-resources python-setuptools
python3-cryptography python3-pkg-resources python3-requests python3-urllib3
  8 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
  Need to get 1,193 kB of archives.
  After this operation, 808 kB of additional disk space will be used.
  Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
  WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
    dh-python dnsmasq-base python-setuptools python-pkg-resources
python3-pkg-resources python3-setuptools python3-cryptography python3-requests
python3-urllib3
  Install these packages without verification? [y/N] n
  E: Some packages could not be authenticated
  root@juju-cb14ed-0-lxd-3:/var/lib/apt/lists#

  Somehow apt is thinking it has the Release.gpg file, but it doesn't?

  This server is behind a squid proxy.