Sorry but I believe what is required is a follows:

The main usage for this is to ensure that what you are seeing in the
scope is up to date and complete. You would use the pull to refresh
action:

 - To ensure that you have the latest default content on the scope page
(i.e. no search term entered)

- To trigger a refresh when coverage is patchy and the default content
has not fully loaded (i.e. again no search term entered)

- To retrigger a search that has returned incomplete results (likely due
to patchy coverage etc) in this case there will be a search term entered
and carrying out a refresh action should use the entered search term.

Updating only when new content is available does not seem to cover the
cases above...

  [Dash] [design] Scopes should have a pull-to-refresh functionality

Status in Ubuntu UX bugs:
  Fix Committed
Status in “unity-scopes-shell” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “unity8” package in Ubuntu:

  It should be possible to use the SDK's pull-to-refresh functionality
  in the dash. I've yet to find out how it works there, it's likely that
  we'll need to rewrite it in our dash listview.