Applying those updates fixed it for me as well! Thank you!

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 16.04 freezes on Thinkpad X61 Tablet when touched by the stylus

Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:

  I have (up to date) Ubuntu 16.04 on IBM Thinkpad X61 Tablet. I can use
  the stylus to move the cursor – but when I touch the screen with it
  (i.e. click), the system immediately freezes.

  When I touch it without X, in the text mode (Ctrl+Alt+F1) it does not
  freeze.

  I tried to debug it over network, but the network also freezes at the
  same moment.

  When I try QubesOS (with kernel 4.1.13-9.pvops.qubes.x86_64) on the
  same machine, the stylus works correctly and the system does not
  freeze.

  Any tips how to debug it? Maybe using the serial port (I have the
  docking station with RS232). Or I can try some older releases and find
  the last one that was working if it helps.