The problem is caused by the timezone setting being different at the
android layer and at the ubuntu layer. The android layer seems to always
use the UTC tz, and that is what it writes in the EXIF tags when it
returns the encoded jpeg data to libhybris.

The attached branch fixes the problem by updating the EXIF tags with the
correct timestamps in qtubuntu-camera, before saving the image to disk
and notifying the apps.

However according to ogra there might be a way to fix this by making sure we
set the tz in android too when we set it in ubuntu.
<ogra_> phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ sudo lxc-console -t0 -nandroid
<ogra_> root@mako:/ # date
<ogra_> Wed Sep 24 10:51:11 GMT 2014
<ogra_> root@mako:/ # setprop persist.sys.timezone Europe/Berlin
<ogra_> root@mako:/ # date
<ogra_> Wed Sep 24 12:52:15 CEST 2014
<ogra_> seems it uses the same notation
<ogra_> (but to verify 100% one would likely need to check the source of bionic
or so )

The tz names in bionic are as follows:
https://gist.github.com/arpit/1035596

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qtubuntu-camera in Ubuntu.

  pictures taken with camera have wrong timestamp

Status in QT Ubuntu Camera:
  New
Status in “qtubuntu-camera” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  krillin rtm build 46

  - phone is set for Eastern time zone (utc -4)
  - take a picture with the camera
  - apt-get install exiv2 onto the phone
  - cd ~/Pictures/com.ubuntu.camera
  - exiv2 <imagename>.jpg

  Expected results:
  Image Timestamp in meta data should match the local time on the phone, with
TZ offset applied

  Actual results:
  Image Timestamp is 6 hours ahead of my timezone

  The problem with this is the gallery app uses the timestamps found in
  the exiv data to display events, so a photos are showing up on the
  incorrect day