@POP I don't know the correct term. For me there is a slider named
"Zeigergeschwindigkeit" in the system settings, which translated means
"pointer speed". But maybe sensitivity is the correct term in English.

At least for me this slider is not working and I can say that the
sensitivity went down after upgrading. Maybe this is the real bug and
not acceleration.

Using xinput I only see a setting for acceleration speed, not
sensitivity. So I can only try to compensate the lacking sensitivity
with more acceleration manually, which is not exactly what I want.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Mouse acceleration significantly reduced after upgrade to 17.04

Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:

  My external Logitech USB mouse was behaving nicely under 16.10 but
  after upgrade to 17.04 it has slowed down to a crawl. Settings
  slidebars are set at the maximum acceleration, but it only affects the
  touch pad, the mouse is extremely slow.