APT currently rejects all non-SHA2 hashes, which excludes 1024 bit DSA
keys (the only 1024 bit keys in use, really). All repositories were told
to update to 2048 or 4096 bit RSA keys.

GPG does not provide a way for APT to validate key lengths when the
signature is verified, so we did all we could do here. Any future change
needs to be made in gpg (reject all DSA/RSA keys less than 2048 bit).

** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: gnupg2 (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  1024-bit signing keys should be deprecated

Status in Launchpad itself:
  New
Status in apt package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in gnupg2 package in Ubuntu:

  1024-bit RSA was deprecated  years ago by NIST[1], Microsoft[2] and
  more recently by others[3].

  1024-bit signing keys are insufficient to guarantee the authenticity
  of software distributed from Launchpad.net including PPAs. There
  should be a mechanism to refuse signing keys below a minimum key
  length based on key type. 1024-bit signing keys should be deprecated
  and removed from Launchpad.net itself ASAP.  Future projects and PPAs
  should be disallowed from using 1024-bit signing keys.

  1. http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-131A/sp800-131A.pdf
  2.
http://blogs.technet.com/b/pki/archive/2012/06/12/rsa-keys-under-1024-bits-are-blocked.aspx
  3.