Bug 655738 isn't right. Here is the link to the bug or question I submitted.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to sysvinit in Ubuntu.

  Failed upgrade from 14.04 to 16.04 : package sysv-rc
  2.88dsf-59.3ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess installed
  post-installation script returned error exit status 1

Status in One Hundred Papercuts:
  Triaged
Status in sysvinit package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in update-manager package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in virtuoso-opensource package in Ubuntu:

  This happened on an computer that was installed many years ago, and upgraded
on each LTS version.
  When upgrading from 14.04 to 16.04.1, it started telling me that something
wrong happened with sysv-rc, then that there were some "initscripts dependency
problems" making it "leaving unconfigured".
  Then many packages were reported as incorrectly setup : procps, udev,
initramfs, keyboard-configuration, console-setup, plymouth, cups, upower,
gnome-session, gnome-shell, udisk, gvfs, software-center, mountall, upstart,
etc.

  After reading the log files, I found out that this was caused by insserv,
reporting "insserv rejected the script header", coming from package
virtuoso-nepomuk having an incorrect header in /etc/init.d : "missing end of
LSB comment", "missing LSB tags and overrides".
  This package http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/database/virtuoso-nepomuk was
existing on 12.04, but was removed afterwards.
  The latest version 6.1.4+dfsg1-0ubuntu1 indeed contains an incorrect header
in /etc/init.d/virtuoso-nepomuk.

  I managed to solve the issue by adding the "END INIT INFO" in this
  file, like below :

  #! /bin/sh
  #
  # virtuoso      OpenLink Virtuoso Open-Source Edition
  #
  #               Written by OpenLink Virtuoso Maintainer
  #               <vos.ad...@openlinksw.com>
  #
  # Version:      @(#)virtuoso  6.1.4  25-Mar-2011
vos.ad...@openlinksw.com
  #

  ### BEGIN INIT INFO
  # Provides:             virtuoso
  # Required-Start:       $syslog
  # Required-Stop:        $syslog
  # Default-Start:        2 3 4 5
  # Default-Stop:         0 1 6
  # Short-Description:    Start Virtuoso database server on startup
running
  #       in /var/lib/virtuoso/db/. The first time this runs, it loads the
  #       Conductor administrative package.
  ### END INIT INFO

  Then a "sudo apt-get upgrade" allowed me to finish the installation
  successfully.

  ProblemType: Package
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
  Package: sysv-rc 2.88dsf-59.3ubuntu2
  Uname: Linux 4.4.0-31-generic i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_uvm nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.1
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Fri Aug  5 11:21:42 2016
  ErrorMessage: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error
exit status 1
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release i386 (20100429)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   dpkg 1.18.4ubuntu1.1
   apt  1.2.12~ubuntu16.04.1
  SourcePackage: sysvinit
  Title: package sysv-rc 2.88dsf-59.3ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade:
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to xenial on 2016-08-05 (0 days ago)