I believe this is systemd intentional to not change bond parameters if
the bond already exists. It is assumed that something else has already
created the bond, and thus networkd should not be "updating" the params.
Despite networkd creating the bond in the first place...

** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu)

  bond parameters are not changed by 'netplan apply'

Status in nplan package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  I have a yaml file as follows:

  network:
      version: 2
      ethernets:
          bonddevs:
              match:
                  name: ens[78]
      bonds:
          bond0:
              interfaces: [bonddevs]
              parameters:
                  mode: active-backup
                  mii-monitor-interval: 1
              addresses:
                  - 10.10.10.1/24

  Say I decide that 1s is too frequent for the MII interval, and I want to
change the interval to 2s.

  If I change that in the yaml, then run
  # netplan generate
  # netplan apply
  # cat /proc/net/bonding/bond0|grep "MII Polling Interval (ms)"
  MII Polling Interval (ms): 1000

  In other words, the change has not been applied.

  Running netplan --debug apply prints:
  DEBUG:device bond0 operstate is up, not replugging

  So I wondered if bringing the bond down would help. It does not:
  # ip link set dev bond0 down
  # netplan apply
  # cat /proc/net/bonding/bond0|grep "MII Polling Interval (ms)"
  MII Polling Interval (ms): 1000

  However, deleting the link works:
  # ip link del dev bond0
  # netplan apply
  # cat /proc/net/bonding/bond0|grep "MII Polling Interval (ms)"
  MII Polling Interval (ms): 2000

  This is counter-intuitive behaviour.
  Ideally, I would like a regular netplan apply to work without deleting the
bond.
  However, a changed to the docs to make this clear would be OK.

  Package: nplan 0.32~17.10.1
  ProcVersionSignature: User Name 4.13.0-32.35-generic 4.13.13
  Uname: Linux 4.13.0-32-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.7
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Wed Jan 31 05:47:42 2018