The DISPLAY checks were not yet in place in 16.04 console-setup so the
bug probably happens a lot more frequently on it... would be nice if
they could be backported since it still has long period of support left
and this is extremely annoying. I'm starting to think there is some
other cause too because it seems to be much too common, why would
console-setup's packaging scripts be ran all the time since the package
itself updates hardly ever. Or does some trigger force that?

Note to everyone who suffers from it that this can be temporarily fixed
by running "sudo kbd_mode -s", which should be much less disruptive way
of solving it for a time than rebooting.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to console-setup in Ubuntu.

  Alt-f2 switches to virtual terminal 2

Status in console-cyrillic package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in console-setup package in Ubuntu:

  I'm running Ubuntu Lucid development branch.

  Pressing alt-f2 switches the screen to the second virtual terminal.
  Alt-f3 does the same to the third and so on. I expected alt-f2 to open
  the run dialog.

  I'm pretty sure that my keyboard is not malfunctioning as I can use
  all my applications normally. (Pressing O and Ctrl-O do not have the
  same effect.)

  I'm not sure which package I should file this bug against. I'll
  happily do an apport-collect once I know.