Thanks! I indeed didn't try the server side, I don't see how this is a
new issue though compared to apport-noui.service? The same service files
start/restart/stop rules are just moved to apport package via apport-
autoreport.service. So, if there is a race on install until the next
reboot, the same rule should apply with current systemd service.

You have more expertise than I on that one anyway, so I'll let you dig
deeper this week. Keep me posted :)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  In autoreport mode in whoopsie-preferences API, reports are not sent
  by whoopsie

Status in apport package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in apport source package in Bionic:

  [ Impact ]
  * The goal for autoreporting via whoopsie is to have a silent mode where
whoopsie automatically reports crashes. However, this one requires apport-noui
to be installed, which we don't by default.
  apport-noui is just a set of systemd unit starting whoopsie-upload-all (part
of apport binary package).
  We should move the unit to apport package itself.

  [ Test Case ]
  * Install the new apport package from proposed
  * Set in g-c-c, privacy panel, to report bugs automatically
  * Make one program dumping a core dump
  * Wait for a while, you should have a .upload and .uploaded files in addition
to the .crash one in /var/crash

  [ Regression potential ]
  The systemd units were in apport-noui previously, we moved them and made them
conditional to whoopsie being installed.
  apport-noui is still useful by turning autoreport on, so people upgrading
shouldn't have any impact or difference.
  The units have been renamed to make sense and avoid package files overwrite.

  There are 2 possible solutions:
  - promoting apport-noui to main, and seeding it.
  - or considering there is no reason anymore to have a separate apport-noui
pacakge (no more phone factor), and so move the systemd units to apport, having
a conditional file on whoopsie installed (no more dependency) and autoreport
enabled, shipping those units binary package shipping those units (renamed to
apport-autoreport.*) directly.