Hello Michael,
Thank you for submitting this bug and reporting a problem with cups.  You made
this bug report some time ago and Ubuntu and cups have been updated since then.

Could you confirm that this is no longer a problem and that we can close the
ticket?
If it is still a problem, are you still interested in finding a solution to
this bug?
If you are, could you let us know and, in the current version, could you run
the following (only once):
apport-collect 1034539
and upload the updated logs and and any other logs that are relevant for this
particular issue.

Thank you again for helping make Ubuntu and cups better.

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  cups creates redirect to invalid IPv6 address

Status in cups package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  I have enabled remote administration of my ubuntu desktop system's CUPS.
  I login to it with http://hostname:631/, and see what's up with my printer
queue (from my debian laptop)
  when it wants me to login, it now asks me to redirect to:

  Upgrade Required

  You must access this page using the URL
https://[v1.2XXX:XXXX:f:2::231]:631/printers/HP_LaserJet_1300.
  (X replaces my real IP)

  This is not, as far as I know, a valid IPv6, with the "v1." in front of it.
  If I remove it, I get a certificate warning, but it appears that I'm unable
to program an exception with firefox.

  herring-[/etc/cups] mcr 1006 %lsb_release -rd
  Release:        12.04

  herring-[/etc/cups] mcr 1007 %apt-cache policy cups
  cups:
    Installed: 1.5.3-0ubuntu1
    Candidate: 1.5.3-0ubuntu3
    Version table: