-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --

This bug has been migrated to freedesktop.org's GitLab instance and has
been closed from further activity.

You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through
this link to our GitLab instance:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/issues/439.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  printer prints page at wrong position, page cut

Status in Poppler:
  Unknown
Status in brother-cups-wrapper-extra package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in brother-lpr-drivers-extra package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in cups package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in poppler package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in brother-cups-wrapper-extra source package in Karmic:
  Invalid
Status in brother-lpr-drivers-extra source package in Karmic:
  Invalid
Status in cups source package in Karmic:
  Invalid
Status in poppler source package in Karmic:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  After updating to intrepid, my Brother DCP-7025 printed every page
  about 2 cm above the usual position. This leads to pages cut as if
  printing with wrong paper configuration though A4 paper is set
  everywhere (Cups settings, program settings). For example when
  printing a test page with the printer configuration tool I cannot see
  the upper part of the Ubuntu logo.

  I have used both a hardy and an intrepid live cd to test and found out
  that the problem only occurs using intrepid, so I think it's a problem
  with the intrepid driver packages.

  However I found out, that in the printer configuration tool a wrong
  driver "DCP-7025 BR-Script" is loaded. The correct (and working!)
  driver is "DCP-7025 for CUPS". So to manually solve the problem simply
  choose the correct driver in the tool.

  I think that during the installation process of the package "brother-
  cups-wrapper-laser" the correct driver is not set to be used as
  default driver and the system continues to use the wrong driver
  instead.