debdiff for Xenial

** Patch added: "xenial.debdiff"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/xenial/+source/friendly-recovery/+bug/1766872/+attachment/5196250/+files/xenial.debdiff

  'Enable Network' in recovery mode not working properly.

Status in friendly-recovery package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in friendly-recovery source package in Xenial:
  Confirmed
Status in systemd source package in Xenial:
  Won't Fix
Status in friendly-recovery source package in Bionic:
  Confirmed
Status in systemd source package in Bionic:
  Won't Fix
Status in friendly-recovery source package in Cosmic:
  In Progress
Status in systemd source package in Cosmic:
  Won't Fix
Status in friendly-recovery source package in DD-Series:
  Confirmed
Status in systemd source package in DD-Series:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  This bug has been noticed after the introduction of the fix of (LP:
  #1682637) in Bionic.

  I have notice a block in Bionic when choosing 'Enable Network' option
  in recovery mode on different bionic vanilla system and I can
  reproduce all the time.

  I also asked colleagues to give it a try (for a second pair of eye on
  this) and they have the same result as me.

  Basically, when choosing 'Enable Network' it get block or lock.
  If we hit 'ctrl-c', then a shell arrive and the system has network
connectivity.

  Here's what I find while enabling "systemd.debug-shell=1" from vtty9 :

  # pstree
  systemd-+-bash---pstree
          |-recovery-menu---network---systemctl---systemd-tty-ask
          |-systemd-journal

  # ps
  root 486 473 0 08:29 tty1 00:00:00 /bin/systemd-tty-ask-password-agent

  root 473 486 0 08:29 tty1 00:00:00 systemctl start dbus.socket

  root 486 283 0 08:29 tty1 00:00:00 /bin/sh /lib/recovery-
  mode/options/network

  Additionally,

  systemd-analyze blame:
  "Bootup is not yet finished. Please try again later"

  "systemctl list-jobs" is showing a 100 jobs in 'waiting' state

  The only 'running' unit is friendly-recovery.service :
  52 friendly-recovery.service                 start running

  The rest are all "waiting". My understanding is that "waiting" units
  will be executed only after those which are "running" are completed.
  Which explain why the "ctlr-c" allow the boot to continue.

  All the systemd special unit important at boot-up are waiting.
  7 sysinit.target                 start waiting
  3 basic.target                   start waiting

  Seems like systemd is not fully initialise in 'Recovery Mode' and
  doesn't allow any 'systemctl start' operation without
  password/passphrase request, which I suspect is hidden by the
  recovery-mode menu.