** Description changed:

+ [Impact]
+
+ ping6 replies to multicast addresses are mistakenly blocked. ufw used to
+ have correct ordering for these replies, but 0.34 reorganized the icmp
+ rules and reintroduced LP: #720605 (this bug). multicast ping replies
+ are part of the ok icmp codes for INPUT (rfc4890, 4.4.1 and 4.4.2) but
+ don't have an associated connection and are marked INVALID, so move this
+ rule above the INVALID rules.
+
+ [Test Case]
+
+ On an IPv6 enabled system, perform a multicast ping like so:
+
+ $ sudo ufw enable
+ $ sudo ping6 ff02::1%wlp58s0 # where 'wlp58s0' is your network iface
+ PING ff02::1%wlp58s0(ff02::1%wlp58s0) 56 data bytes
+ 64 bytes from ...addr1...: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.081 ms
+ 64 bytes from ...addr2...: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.155 ms
+ ^C
+ $
+
+ Without this fix, only see responses from the ff80 address of the
+ specified interface (ie, the 'wlp58s0' interface in the above example).
+ With the fix, there should be a response from other IPv6 enabled hosts
+ on the network.
+
+ [Regression Potential]
+
+ The regression potential is extremely low since we are simply moving a
+ single rule above another rule. The worst that could happen is that the
+ ping6 would continue to not work.
+
+
+ = Original description =
+
  Hi,
  I have the default settings from Linux Mint 18 for ufw. When I "ping6
ff02::1%wlp3s0", I get only an answer from my own ip. Duplicates from other
devices on the net get filtered. It works fine after "sudo ufw disable".

  ufw --version
  ufw 0.35
  Copyright 2008-2015 Canonical Ltd.

  I've attached the output of ip6tables-save.

  There is a similar old and long fixed bug:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ufw/+bug/720605

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ufw in Ubuntu.

  ipv6 multicast pings don't return

Status in ufw:
  Fix Released
Status in ufw package in Ubuntu: