** Tags added: rls-dd-incoming

  systemd journals take up too much space, aren't vacuumed automatically

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  After running Bionic for 3 months, I had 2.6 GB of journals.

  I would not expect from a normal desktop user that they should have to
  run commands like `sudo journalctl --vacuum-time=10d`.

  I would nominate this command as a sane default to have running at
  each reboot to ensure that logs do not exceed 500 MB:

  sudo journalctl --vacuum-size=500M

  Supposedly, a server should by default retain more logs, so perhaps
  this should be implemented through a configuration package "systemd-
  configuration-desktop" as a dependency of the ubuntu-desktop meta
  package?