It seems that the correct config file location is
/etc/xrdp/pulse/default.pa, because of the xrdpd usage. :)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 16.04 Pulseaudio does not use /etc/pulse/default.pa if
  ~/.config/pulse/default.pa does not exist

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  System is Ubuntu 16.04

  According to Ubuntu Pulseaudio MAN page:

      http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/man5/default.pa.5.html

  it says...

         The  PulseAudio  sound  server  interprets  a  configuration  script on
         startup, which is mainly used to define the set  of  modules  to  load.
         When     PulseAudio     runs     in     the     per-user    mode    and
         ~/.config/pulse/default.pa exists, that file is used.  When  PulseAudio
         runs   in   the   per-user   mode   and   that   file   doesn't  exist,
         /etc/pulse/default.pa  is  used.

  On my system I have put the following into - /etc/pulse/default.pa

      load-module module-native-protocol-tcp auth-ip-
  acl=127.0.0.1;10.204.151.0/24

  The contents of my ~/.config/pulse/ directory contains NO default.pa
  file only the cookie file:

      $ ls ~/.config/pulse
      cookie

  After a reload I issue the command patcl list modules and the "module-
  native-protocol-tcp" is NOT listed ?

  $ pactl list modules
  Module #0
        Name: module-augment-properties
        Argument:
        Usage counter: n/a
        Properties:
                module.author = "Lennart Poettering"
                module.description = "Augment the property sets of streams with
additional static information"
                module.version = "8.0"

  Module #1
        Name: module-always-sink
        Argument:
        Usage counter: n/a
        Properties:
                module.author = "Colin Guthrie"
                module.description = "Always keeps at least one sink loaded
even if it's a null one"
                module.version = "8.0"

  Module #3
        Name: module-xrdp-sink
        Argument:
        Usage counter: 0
        Properties:
                module.author = "Jay Sorg"
                module.description = "xrdp sink"
                module.version = "8.0"

  Module #4
        Name: module-xrdp-source
        Argument:
        Usage counter: n/a
        Properties:
                module.author = "Laxmikant Rashinkar"
                module.description = "xrdp source"
                module.version = "8.0"

  Module #5
        Name: module-native-protocol-unix
        Argument:
        Usage counter: n/a
        Properties:
                module.author = "Lennart Poettering"
                module.description = "Native protocol (UNIX sockets)"
                module.version = "8.0"

  Module #6
        Name: module-cli-protocol-unix
        Argument:
        Usage counter: n/a
        Properties:
                module.author = "Lennart Poettering"
                module.description = "Command line interface protocol (UNIX
sockets)"
                module.version = "8.0"

  I am filing this bug because according to the MAN page (see above)...
  since I do NOT have a ~/.config/pulse/default.pa Ubuntu/Pulseaudio
  should be executing the /etc/pulse/default.pa configuration instead...
  which should be loading:

  load-module module-native-protocol-tcp auth-ip-
  acl=127.0.0.1;10.204.151.0/24

  but it not.