> If I upload the sshd.c proposed change, will that be possibility?

Please do attach the diff for reference - that is useful for the record.

I think it will still be unlikely though. Introducing new configuration
options in a distribution delta is particularly painful because if
upstream later implement something differently, we'll be stuck
supporting an obsolete upgrade path forever. I believe this has already
happened to the openssh package in Ubuntu. Just because Ubuntu patches
upstream sources for other reasons doesn't automatically qualify doing
so again for a new reason. The argument for a new patch will need to be
made on its own merits.

I suggest that if you want to push this further, you start by
identifying exactly what patch it is that upstream won't take,
understand exactly why they won't take it, why existing upstream code
isn't sufficient for your needs even though upstream believe it is,
understand how that applies to Ubuntu's delta if the reasons are
different, and present that all here.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssh in Ubuntu.

  Resource Sharing with multiple sshd services

Status in openssh package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Ubuntu: 18.04.2 LTS
  OpenSSH: 7.6p1

  I am having a problem starting multiple sshd processes. The default
  location of the sshd privilege separation directory is hard-coded to
  /run/sshd (see man page). If I want to have 2 sshd services using
  systemd, I need to write 2 service files, let's call them
  sshd_wan.service ans sshd_lan.service. Both of these services need to
  have their own "RuntimeDirectory=sshd_wan" and
  "RuntimeDirectory=sshd_lan". If you do not have separate
  RuntimeDirectory definitions for the 2 services, then when one service
  is killed/faults/restarts/stops/etc. the systemd (or init) process
  deletes the RuntimeDirectory and causes the other service to crash
  since a RuntimeDirectory does not exist.

  The problem is the hard-coding of the sshd Privilege Separation
  Directory. We need to modify the OpenBSD/OpenSSH sshd code to
  provision command line assignment of the privilege separation
  directory.

  I have attempted to contact the OpenSSH team (i.e. OpenSSH.com) and
  they say it is a Ubuntu problem. I reported this in Ubuntu bug
  #1831765 and Ubuntu (e.g. Paride Legovini, June 6, 2019 @ 2:55AM PDT)
  rejected it because I described the problem using the init.d example.

  I know how to modify the sshd.c file in OpenSSH 7.6p1, the problem is
  getting Ubuntu and OpenSSH to admit there is a problem and it needs to
  be fixed.

  The problem is still there regardless if you are using Upstart (i.e.
  init.d) or systemd.