There is configurable prompting for those that want it. We also refuse
to delete running containers.

** Changed in: lxc (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lxc in Ubuntu.

  It's too easy to accidentally delete a container rather than a
  snapshot

Status in lxc package in Ubuntu:

  The command to delete a container is:

  lxc delete {container}/{snapshot}

  Unfortunately, if the "/" is omitted, this command deletes {container}
  without any sort of prompting. It would be very helpful to add a
  prompt/verification when deleting the entire container to avoid
  mishaps. Don't ask me how I know that they happen.