Will do, thanks.Michael Peek
On Thu, 2020-08-20 at 15:10 +0000, Paride Legovini wrote:
> Hi Michael and thanks for all the digging. If I understand
> correctlythere are two issues here:
> 1. The slapd crash due to the caseExactMatch/caseExactIA5Match typo,
> forwhich you submitted a fix upstream [1].
> 2. The need to "start ; stop ; restart" the slapd service in order
> toavoid the "invalid per syntax" errors.
> What I suggest is to:
> A. Let's wait for upstream to comment on or pickup your patch.
> We'llthen be able to cherry-pick the fix from the upstream
> repository. Thismakes things easier to manage and give us more
> confidence on thecorrectness on the patch (could be obvious for a
> ldap/autofs expert, Iam not.)
> B. File a separate bug for the "start ; stop ; restart" thing,
> whichappears to be unrelated. If you do so, please make it clear it's
> aBionic -> Focal regression. Having a minimal steps to reproduce
> theissue from a fresh Focal install would be the best.
> What do you think?
> Paride
> [1] https://www.spinics.net/lists/autofs/msg02276.html

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openldap in Ubuntu.

  autofs-ldap's /etc/ldap/schema/autofs.schema crashes slapd

Status in autofs package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in openldap package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in autofs package in Debian:
  Unknown

Bug description:
  Ubuntu Release:
  # lsb_release -rd
  Release:      20.04

  Version of packages in use:
  # dpkg -l autofs autofs-ldap slapd | grep '^ii'
  ii  autofs         5.1.6-2ubuntu0.1       amd64        kernel-based
automounter for Linux
  ii  autofs-ldap    5.1.6-2ubuntu0.1       amd64        LDAP map support for
autofs
  ii  slapd          2.4.49+dfsg-2ubuntu1.3 amd64        OpenLDAP server (slapd)

  Expected:
  No errors from slaptest

  Actual Output:
  5f359370 /etc/ldap/schema/autofs.schema: line 14 attributetype: AttributeType
inappropriate matching rule: "caseExactMatch"