I'm agnostic as to the exact location. We just need to agree :-)

Currently, it is: ~/.local/share/unity-scopes/unconfined/@{APP_PKG_NAME}
for unconfined scopes, and ~/.local/share/unity-scopes/leaf-
net/@{APP_PKG_NAME} for confined scopes.

I can change this easily enough. However, currently,
~/.local/share/@{APP_PKGNAME} is used as the click *installation*
directory. That is the directory where the click package installs the
scope's .so and .ini file.

For data sharing between the application and the scope, I take it that
we are talking about the *cache* directory? It doesn't seem a good idea
to use the same directory for both installation files from the click
package, and data files that are created by the scope and/or the
application, so I think the install dir and the cache dir should be
different locations (but the new location you suggest is the same as the
current click installation location).

Is it OK to drop the leaf-net and unconfined components from the path?
Currently, a confined scope relies on being able to create the final
path component *itself* by calling mkdir(). So, assuming that
~/.local/share/unity-scopes/leaf-net exists, the scope will try to
create ~/.local/share/unity-scopes/leaf-net/@{APP_PKG_NAME}.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apparmor-easyprof-ubuntu
in Ubuntu.

  add directory allowing scopes and apps to share data

Status in “apparmor-easyprof-ubuntu” package in Ubuntu:

  Summary says it all, just need to decide on the directory. I propose using
this rule:
    # Allow scopes to share data with the app shipped in the same click
    owner @{HOME}/.local/share/@{APP_PKGNAME}/            rw,
    owner @{HOME}/.local/share/@{APP_PKGNAME}/**          mrwkl,