The ARMHF testing was retried (thanks mfo!) and passed, likely flaky
network issues during the test. Also, since Focal was successful to
build and no issues on autopkgtest were reported (i.e., no test fails
detected), I'm hereby marking this as verified.

Cheers,

Guilherme

** Tags removed: verification-needed verification-needed-focal
** Tags added: verification-done verification-done-focal

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in Ubuntu.

  Autopkgtest failure on latest version of initramfs-tools - lack of
  partprobe

Status in initramfs-tools package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in initramfs-tools source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed
Status in initramfs-tools source package in Groovy:

  [Impact]
  * Currently the initramfs-tools autopkgtest fails for at least AMD64, with
the following signature:
  "mount: /tmp/autopkgtest.K1r92h/build.zdS/src/mnt: special device
/dev/loop0p1 does not exist."

  * The reason for that is the test trying immediately to use that
  partition on the loop device, but kernel may not have a partition re-
  read ioctl issued, so the test may fail as observing a nonexistent
  partition.

  * The fix proposed here is just to manually run "partprobe" before
  using the new to-be-discovered loop partition in the net autopkgtest.

  [Test Case]
  * Run the autopkgtest suite in the initramfs-tools package and observe the
failure aforementioned.

  [Regression Potential]
  * Extremely low potential, we are just introducing a partition re-read/probe
operation during autopkgtest phase, in order to keep the partition table of
loop devices consistent before the test uses it.
  * The only potential issue I see with that is if for some reason we don't
have partprobe in the autopkgtest environment, but that shouldn't happen since
parted package is on ubuntu-standard.

  * Notice that this test is not executed in Debian CI given that CI has
  no support for VMs, and this test requires that. [See the
  Rectification below]