If you have a passphrase simple as that, use the "passcode" lock mode,
not passphrase, you'll get the number pad and it will log you in after
typing 4 characters.

For security, we won't auto-confirm passphrases as that discloses the
length of the passphrase to a potential attacker.

See related bug #1363214.

** Changed in: unity8 (Ubuntu)

  Automatic login aftter inputting the right passphrase

Status in “unity8” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Currently, I have set the passphrase to "5555" of my phone. After I
  have completed "5555", the phone does not automatically login.
  Instead, I need to enter the "enter" key on the keyboard to get it
  verified. I think a good design could be that whenever an input is
  changed, the system checks it again the stored passphrase, if they
  both match, the system can automatically login without the need of
  pressing the "enter". it simply makes the login much easier.