To make it clear, my suggestion for a workaround for jammy would be to
have

_config->CndSet("APT::Get::Phase-Policy", true);

somewhere in the aptitude code. It is unclear to me if aptitude will
break then as phased versions get their pin limited to 1, apt certainly
does if there's a mismatch as in bug 1979244

Anyone doing the SRU will have to analyse that regression potential.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  phased updates API and client for aptitude

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in aptitude package in Ubuntu:

  Having the configuration at
  https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/phased-updates-in-apt-in-21-04/20345/24
  it fails to work.

  The phased updates get distributed on some hosts anyways for 22.04.

  Please properly document and test this, and provide a working
  configuration to opt out from phased updates.