Curtin is not the appropriate place to land fixes or even quirk
workarounds for this problem.  I would appreciate if you avoided adding
uninvolved components to the bug, especially when it has already been
pointed out that this is the wrong spot.

The linked threads you mention do not appear to me to have an "all but
refused" stance.  Last I see they are sitting in a "volunteers welcome"
state, or dependencies on things that need further work.

This sort of change is really best done in a package in the archive, and
I'm not hearing appropriate justification for installer quirks.
Declining for Subiquity, thanks.

** Changed in: subiquity (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gsettings-desktop-schemas
in Ubuntu.

  Time for the US is shown in 24h format. It should be 12h with AM/PM

Status in GSettings Desktop Schemas:
  New
Status in curtin package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in gsettings-desktop-schemas package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in subiquity package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description: