This bug was fixed in the package initramfs-tools - 0.142ubuntu17

---------------
initramfs-tools (0.142ubuntu17) noble; urgency=medium

  * install hid-multitouch module for Surface Pro 4 keyboard (LP: #1772094)
  * test: log build_initramfs calls

 -- Benjamin Drung <bdr...@ubuntu.com>  Wed, 15 Nov 2023 19:16:46 +0100

** Changed in: initramfs-tools (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in Ubuntu.

  Surface Pro 4: Keyboard not functional during LUKS password prompt

Status in initramfs-tools package in Ubuntu:

  I installed Ubuntu 18.04 desktop edition on a Microsoft Surface Pro 4,
  using LVM and full disk encryption.  When LUKS prompts for the
  password, however, the type cover keyboard does not work.  I had to
  plug in a USB keyboard to type in the password and boot.

  However, the solution is simple.  Edit the /etc/initramfs-
  tools/modules file, add "hid_multitouch" to a line on its own, then
  run "update-initramfs -u".  Now the typecover keyboard can be used to
  enter the LUKS password on boot.

  The Ubuntu 18.04 desktop installer should be modified to detect if it
  is running on Surface Pro hardware, and add the module, above, as
  needed.