The directx-headers part of this is easy because it's just a build-
dependency of mesa, but mesa itself is a big delta to a library that
affects all users of the graphics stack: unlike the kernel, which has
both GA and HWE versions where the user can opt out of the rolling
kernel updates on the LTS, there is only one mesa package, so the impact
of any regressions is higher.

I see that the current bug description is in line with the previous
update, LP: #2019212; and of course, with respect to hardware
enablement, this is an SRU we're going to want to take; but I think it
would be best if there were a more explicit test case than just "Install
the new mesa on various hw".   Do we expect this new mesa to be tested
on all certified hardware before it's released to -updates?  Is there a
feedback mechanism for us to *know* if Certification finds regressions
on some of the certified platforms?  Is any effort made to check for
regressions on non-certified hardware?

** Changed in: mesa (Ubuntu Jammy)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  Backport packages for 22.04.4 HWE stack

Status in directx-headers package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in mesa package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in rust-bindgen package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in rust-clang-sys package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in directx-headers source package in Jammy:
  Fix Committed
Status in mesa source package in Jammy:
  Incomplete
Status in rust-bindgen source package in Jammy:
  Invalid
Status in rust-clang-sys source package in Jammy:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  [Impact]
  The graphics HWE stack from mantic needs to be backported for 22.04.4

  directx-headers
  - build-dep of the new Mesa

  mesa
  - new major release (23.2.x)
  - new HW support, Meteor Lake..

  [Test case]
  Install the new mesa on various hw, see that everything still works like
before or better.

  [Where things could go wrong]
  This is a major update of Mesa, there could be regressions but we'll try to
catch any with testing. And since it shares bugs with mantic, we'd already know
if there are serious issues. We will backport the final 23.2.x at a later
stage, the first backport is needed for enabling Intel Meteor Lake.