Hello Timo, or anyone else affected,

Accepted mesa into jammy-proposed. The package will build now and be
available at
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa/23.2.1-1ubuntu3.1~22.04.1 in a
few hours, and then in the -proposed repository.

Please help us by testing this new package.  See
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed for documentation on how
to enable and use -proposed.  Your feedback will aid us getting this
update out to other Ubuntu users.

If this package fixes the bug for you, please add a comment to this bug,
mentioning the version of the package you tested, what testing has been
performed on the package and change the tag from verification-needed-
jammy to verification-done-jammy. If it does not fix the bug for you,
please add a comment stating that, and change the tag to verification-
failed-jammy. In either case, without details of your testing we will
not be able to proceed.

Further information regarding the verification process can be found at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/PerformingSRUVerification .  Thank you in
advance for helping!

N.B. The updated package will be released to -updates after the bug(s)
fixed by this package have been verified and the package has been in
-proposed for a minimum of 7 days.

** Changed in: mesa (Ubuntu Jammy)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  Backport packages for 22.04.4 HWE stack

Status in directx-headers package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in mesa package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in rust-bindgen package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in rust-clang-sys package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in directx-headers source package in Jammy:
  Fix Committed
Status in mesa source package in Jammy:
  Fix Committed
Status in rust-bindgen source package in Jammy:
  Invalid
Status in rust-clang-sys source package in Jammy:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  [Impact]
  The graphics HWE stack from mantic needs to be backported for 22.04.4

  directx-headers
  - build-dep of the new Mesa

  mesa
  - new major release (23.2.x)
  - new HW support, Meteor Lake..

  [Test case]
  We want to cover at least 2-3 different, widely used and already previously
supported GPU generations from both AMD and Intel which are supported by this
release, as those are the ones that cover most bases; nouveau users tend to
switch to the NVIDIA blob after installation. No need to test ancient GPU's
supported by mesa-amber. And best to focus on the newer generations (~5y and
newer) as the older ones are less likely to break at this point.
  - AMD: Vega, Navi1x (RX5000*), Navi2x (RX6000*), Navi3x (RX7000*)
  - Intel: gen9 (SKL/APL/KBL/CFL/WHL/CML), gen11 (ICL), gen12 (TGL/RKL/RPL/DG2)

  Install the new packages and run some tests:
  - check that the desktop is still using hw acceleration and hasn't fallen
back to swrast/llvmpipe
  - run freely available benchmarks that torture the GPU (Unigine
Heaven/Valley/Superposition)
  - run some games from Steam if possible

  and in each case check that there is no gfx corruption happening or
  worse.

  Note that upstream releases have already been tested for OpenGL and
  Vulkan conformance by their CI.

  [Where things could go wrong]
  This is a major update of Mesa, there could be regressions but we'll try to
catch any with testing. And since it shares bugs with mantic, we'd already know
if there are serious issues. We will backport the final 23.2.x at a later
stage, the first backport is needed for enabling Intel Meteor Lake.