>Yes, I have proposed enabled.

I assume you are aware it's not generally recommended to keep proposed
enabled and install all upgrades. Anyways, that means this is the same
issue which is keeping xkeyboard-config from migrating to the release
repo.

Regarding comma or pipe, I cannot say for certain because I'm not that
familiar with this package but it might be on purpose. Some packages do
it to lock their dependencies in place. This is especially true if the
underlying package do large changes so you cannot be sure if everything
still works with newer versions or if you need to know what the changes
are to take full advantage of the new things. This means that 2.38.1,
2.38.2 or security fixes will still match and be installable but never
versions like 2.39 would be blocked. Maybe all console-setup needs is a
manual rebuild to pick up the current version available or it might
require further changes to the package to handle the newer changes.

The way forward will probably be a newer version of console-setup which
supports the latest version, when that is uploaded to -proposed both
packages will work and can be migrated together. In the meantime,
xkeyboard-config will be kept in -proposed in order to not make other
packages uninstallable.

** Also affects: xkeyboard-config (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- Can't upgrade keyboard-configuration on Noble
+ Can't upgrade keyboard-configuration on Noble-proposed

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to console-setup in Ubuntu.

  Can't upgrade keyboard-configuration on Noble-proposed

Status in console-setup package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in xkeyboard-config package in Ubuntu:

  I'm testing Noble using multipass and I got this error when I try to upgrade
the system:
  ubuntu@ubuntu2404:~$ sudo apt full-upgrade
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree... Done
  Reading state information... Done
  Calculating upgrade... Error!
  or been moved out of Incoming.

   keyboard-configuration : Depends: xkb-data (< 2.38A) but 2.41-2 is to be
installed
  E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by
held packages.

  I think because in the package "Depends" section the configuration is in this
way:
  Depends: debconf (>= 0.5) | debconf-2.0, liblocale-gettext-perl, xkb-data (>=
2.38~), xkb-data (<< 2.38A)

  So I think it should be a "|"(pipe) instead of "," (comma) when
  refering to xkb-data.

  The keyboard-configuration package version is 1.223ubuntu1.