Now, that on-access scan seems to be working, I tried some cases:
No detections when I copied some Eicar files around in subfolders of
/home/hartwig. However, I got a detection when I placed an Eicar file directly
into that folder (mentioned in /var/log/clamav/clamav.log). It looks like that
only the folder mentioned in the OnAccessIncludePath parameter is scanned, but
no subfolders. Any way to include subfolders?

However, this behaviour does not seem to be connected to apparmor, so it
is off-topic for this bug. I put my observations into the original
clamav question
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/clamav/+question/263109.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apparmor in Ubuntu.

  apparmor profile usr.sbin.clamd does not allow ScanOnAccess via
  fanotify

Status in apparmor package in Ubuntu:

  I tried to enable the ScanOnAccess option in /etc/clamav.conf to get
  on-access scanning.

  Doing so, /var/log/clamav/clamav.log tells me:
  ERROR: ScanOnAccess: fanotify_init failed: Operation not permitted
  ScanOnAccess: clamd must be started by root

  Setting User to root in /etc/clamav/clamd.conf
  makes the clamav-daemon to fail with

  service clamav-daemon start
   * Starting ClamAV daemon clamd
  ERROR: initgroups() failed.

  I had to disable the apparmor.profile with a
  cd /etc/apparmor.d/disable
  ln -s ./../usr.sbin.clamd

  Then, the "ERROR: initgroups() failed." disappears.

  The apparmor itself came via apt-get packages. I did not edit it.

  Release:      14.04

  apt-cache policy apparmor-profiles
  apparmor-profiles:
    Installiert:           (keine)
    Installationskandidat: 2.8.95~2430-0ubuntu5.1
    Versionstabelle:
       2.8.95~2430-0ubuntu5.1 0
          500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates/main amd64
Packages
          500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-security/main amd64
Packages
       2.8.95~2430-0ubuntu5 0
          500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages

  Package: apparmor-profiles (not installed)
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-43.72-generic 3.13.11.11
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-43-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.6
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Mon Dec 22 01:23:04 2014
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release amd64
(20140722.2)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=de_DE
   TERM=xterm