It turns out the underlying cause of this was that the indicator was
going into an infinite loop and then terminating. The notification
service then doesn't track its clients well (at all) and doesn't clear
up the fullscreen notification when the indicator dies.

So far we have a fix for the infinite loop in the indicator. But next we
need to make some enhancements to the behaviour of the notification
service.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-network in

  Sim blocked dialogue broken on starting phone

Status in the base for Ubuntu mobile products:
  New
Status in indicator-network package in Ubuntu:

  STEPS:
  1. Start the phone with a sim you are prepared to scrap
  2. Input the incorrect sim pin 3 times
  3. Input the incorrect Puk code and new sim pin 10 times

  EXPECTED:
  I expect to see a page similar to the pin unlock page, only announcing that
the sim is blocked.

  ACTUAL:
  See screenshots.

  I get a light grey page with the correct text and then I can't do
  anything with the phone.  I can't swipe the page away as there is no
  unity8, I can't swipe down the indcators or in the launcher so I'm
  stuck, I can't make an emergency call which makes this a critical ship
  blocker.