Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: indicator-network (Ubuntu Vivid)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-network in

  Sim blocked dialogue broken on starting phone

Status in the base for Ubuntu mobile products:
  In Progress
Status in indicator-network package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in indicator-network source package in Vivid:

  STEPS:
  1. Start the phone with a sim you are prepared to scrap
  2. Input the incorrect sim pin 3 times
  3. Input the incorrect Puk code and new sim pin 10 times

  EXPECTED:
  I expect to see a page similar to the pin unlock page, only announcing that
the sim is blocked.

  ACTUAL:
  See screenshots.

  I get a light grey page with the correct text and then I can't do
  anything with the phone.  I can't swipe the page away as there is no
  unity8, I can't swipe down the indcators or in the launcher so I'm
  stuck, I can't make an emergency call which makes this a critical ship
  blocker.