lp:~jamesodhunt/upstart/bug-1447756-the-actual-fix contains the fix and
a new test (which correctly fails with the current lp:upstart but passes
with the fix in that branch).

The code has been tested on a failing device and a server system. I am
currently testing on a non-failing krillin device. I understand Ondra is
going to test on a couple of other devices that exhibit this bug to
further sanity check the code.

Once all these tests pass I'll raise an MP for the branch above to get
it merged to lp:upstart.

We'll then need to cherry pick the fix into both vivid and wily.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to upstart in Ubuntu.

  segfault in log.c code causes phone reboot loops

Status in the base for Ubuntu mobile products:
  Fix Committed
Status in Upstart:
  In Progress
Status in upstart package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  We recently started getting reprots from phone users that their
  devices go into a reboot loop after changing the language or getting
  an OTA upgrade (either of both end with a reboot of the phone)

  after a bit of research we collected the log at
  http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/10872934/

  this shows a segfault of upstarts init binary in the log.c code:

  [    6.999083]init: log.c:819: Assertion failed in log_clear_unflushed:
log->unflushed->len
  [    7.000279]init: Caught abort, core dumped
  [    7.467176]Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
exitcode=0x00000600